Pages

Sunday 9 January 2011

Jigsaw Activity

Hello world, in the 21th December I went to Gede mountain with my friends. we do the journey to the top of Gede Mountain. It was amazing, in the top, I shouted hardly " I am the king of the world " like Leonardo DiCaprio. Just wanna share it :).

In this time I want to share jigsaw activity. this is my favorite activities,why? because this activity push the students to think critically and creatively. Students have to learn the material in group by themselves and have to present it to the other group. And the most important thing, this activity will boost your confident, because we have to present it to our friends, it is not problem, we know them, we know our friends. Check it out!

This is the jigsaw for teaching type text ( narrative, recount, procedure, and explanation )

Tools:
- Markers
- Flip charts (to make presentation)
- Material papers

Preparation:
- Move the chair and the tables to outside, make a big space in the class.

Steps:
- Divide the class into four group.
- Each group is given one material about one text type, example narrative for group A. etc.
- Each group has to discuss about the material, each member has to master it.
- Teacher has to move around to help the students if the have problem.
- Each group has to make presentation in the flipchart.
- Then in the group decide who will be go around (find information about others material) and who will be stay (to explain about the material to other friends).
-  Do this activity
- After that back to each group, students who go around have to explain the other material to their friends member of team.
- Give the brief explanation as a review.

*note: this activity will takes a lot of time.

Enjoy it, it will be useful hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe Arie, a very nice posting! I think when I read the 1st paragraph, it will talk about Gede Mountain. I was wrong. Anyway, this is a very good activity. I was really enjoy this activity when my lecturer did this. I think this activity makes every single students in group has to contribute to the group. Each students has to understand it. I think we don't have to put the chairs outside because it takes long time.

    ReplyDelete